Below is the job description outlined by our worship pastor Matt Paddock. It details the goals and responsibilities for my position as worship production coach for Relevant Community Church. I served on the Relevant staff for 8 years, and it was an amazing journey learning how to effectively produce live sound, and train live sound technicians to help spread the word of Jesus!
Coach Goal: Lead the Worship Production Team towards a passionate pursuit of excellence at our Sunday morning gatherings. Facilitate an an environment where the people of God are welcomed into His presence, and to do so in a way that points our eyes towards Him and not people.
Lead, equip, and care for the volunteers on your team.
- Keep the purpose of Worship Production on your team’s mind.
- Communicate regularly. This can be done through email, phone call, or over coffee. There is room in the budget for you to be able to meet with team members.
- Challenge them spiritually.
- Equip team to know what’s expected of them and to do their job with excellence.
- Make sure team members have enough responsibility to feel like they’re making an impact without being overwhelmed or burned out.
- Encourage them and make them feel valued and appreciated.
- Recruit and train new help as needed.
- If a team member can’t complete a responsibility for some reason, it falls to you.
Direct and Oversee the entirety of production on Sunday mornings.
- Make sure there is always a director scheduled to run the “show” on Sunday mornings.
- Be the LEAD sound tech at our Sunday morning gatherings.
- Create a team of qualified sound technicians.
- Build a training system that will produce sound tech and not just “slider pushers”.
- Find ways to train beyond Sunday mornings.
- Schedule sound techs for our Sunday gatherings
- Use Planning Center to schedule techs at least 4 weeks out
- When a scheduled volunteer has to cancel you will be in charge of finding a replacement.
Oversee the Worship Production Systems and make changes as you see fit.
- Sound system maintenance and upgrades
- When equipment needs fixed or replaced I will rely on you to make it happen
- As we grow we will need to make wise decisions about “next steps” for our sound system. I will rely on you and your expertise to guide us in those decisions.
- Projection System
- General maintenance and upkeep of both the projectors and screens
- ProPresenter updates etc.
- Lighting System
0 comments on “Worship Production – Relevant Community Church”Add yours →