Below is the job description outlined by our worship pastor Matt Paddock. It details the goals and responsibilities for my position as worship production coach for Relevant Community Church.
Coach Goal: Lead the Worship Production Team towards a passionate pursuit of excellence at our Sunday morning gatherings. Facilitate an an environment where the people of God are welcomed into His presence, and to do so in a way that points our eyes towards Him and not people.
Lead, equip, and care for the volunteers on your team.
- Keep the purpose of Worship Production on your team’s mind.
- Communicate regularly. This can be done through email, phone call, or over coffee. There is room in the budget for you to be able to meet with team members.
- Challenge them spiritually.
- Equip team to know what’s expected of them and to do their job with excellence.
- Make sure team members have enough responsibility to feel like they’re making an impact without being overwhelmed or burned out.
- Encourage them and make them feel valued and appreciated.
- Recruit and train new help as needed.
- If a team member can’t complete a responsibility for some reason, it falls to you.
Direct and Oversee the entirety of production on Sunday mornings.
- Make sure there is always a director scheduled to run the “show” on Sunday mornings.
- Be the LEAD sound tech at our Sunday morning gatherings.
- Create a team of qualified sound technicians.
- Build a training system that will produce sound tech and not just “slider pushers”.
- Find ways to train beyond Sunday mornings.
- Schedule sound techs for our Sunday gatherings
- Use Planning Center to schedule techs at least 4 weeks out
- When a scheduled volunteer has to cancel you will be in charge of finding a replacement.
Oversee the Worship Production Systems and make changes as you see fit.
- Sound system maintenance and upgrades
- When equipment needs fixed or replaced I will rely on you to make it happen
- As we grow we will need to make wise decisions about “next steps” for our sound system. I will rely on you and your expertise to guide us in those decisions.
- Projection System
- General maintenance and upkeep of both the projectors and screens
- ProPresenter updates etc.
- Lighting System